Have you ever wondered if you can use flowers to Feng Shui your home?
Developed over 3000 years ago in China, Feng Shui translates to “wind” and “water.” When someone uses Feng Shui in their home, it means that they are arranging their home so that it is in balance with the natural world. This type of structure within the home is said to balance the energy between the individual and the natural flow of the environment.
Flowers and Feng Shui
In the art of Feng Shui, flowers have a lot of “Chi.” Chi has long been a part of traditional Chinese medicine and is described as the life force (or energy) that runs through the body. Health and wellness are believed to occur when Chi is strong. Weak Chi is thought to make us more susceptible to negativity and harm our health and well-being. In the world of Feng Shui, it makes sense that we want to fill our environment with Chi. One of the ways to do this is with flowers.
Flowers are living beings that have an abundance of Chi. Incorporating live, fresh flowers into your home and environment can help to bring health, wellness, and positive energy into your life. You can use different flowers to attract other concepts into your reality.
Types of Flowers to Use in Feng Shui
You can utilize almost any type of flower to attract Chi and bring positivity into your environment and life. With that being said, each type of flower attracts different energies. Here are some of the most common flowers used in Feng Shui and what they are purposed for:
- If you’re looking for love, Peony plants are the flower of choice. Red peonies can help you attract new love, and pink peonies can help to keep an existing love strong. So whenever you are looking for a match made in heaven, peony plants are the answer.
- If you’re looking for wealth, Chrysanthemums,Tulips, and Irises can help.
- If you’re looking for opportunity and success, bring an Orchid into your home. An orchid is the perfect feng shui flower to enhance your ability to reach new goals.
- If you’re looking to bring some calming energies in, plant some Chrysanthemums. A Chrysanthemum is a beautiful flower and a symbol of purity that will cleanse your home of any negative energy that might linger around and steer towards negative outcomes.
- If you have an obstacle you need to overcome, surround yourself with Cherry Blossoms. They can help bring in energies of new beginnings as they are auspicious flowers and can easily clean bad energy.
- If you need some luck in your life, bring in some Narcissus flowers or white orchids.
- Spiritual Enlightenment can be enhanced with some Hydrangeas.
In Feng Shui, it isn’t just the type of flower you use that matters – it’s also about placement. The good news is, no matter where you place flowers throughout the home, they will bring good Chi. But if you are looking to accomplish something specific or to attract a particular type of energy, you’ll want to take a look at a Bagua map. These maps will tell you the proper placement of flowers and objects throughout your home to attract different energies like love, wealth, success, or peace.
The Bagua Map
A Bagua map is a diagram that shows how to arrange your space to achieve certain goals. It was developed by ancient Chinese philosophers who were trying to understand the universe and its relationship to humans. A Bagua map consists of nine sections, which represent the nine directions. Each section represents one direction and contains three elements. The first element is a central figure, which represents the center of the universe. The second element is a yin/yang symbol, which represents balance. And the third element is a compass rose, which represents movement. When these three elements are combined together, they form a complete picture of the universe.
Each section of the Bagua map has a special meaning. For example, the east section represents the east, which is associated with fire and passion. This means that when you put things in this area, you should make sure that there is plenty of heat and passion in your life. If you don’t feel passionate about anything, then you might not be able to get over obstacles in your life.
Sections in the Bagua Map
- The south section represents water, which is associated with emotion and intuition. So if you want to create feelings of happiness and joy in your life, then you should place items here.
- The west section represents earth, which is associated with stability and money. So if you want more financial security in your life, then place things here.
- The north section represents metal, which is associated with power and authority. So if you want people to respect you, then place things here in this section.
- The northeast section represents wood, which is associated with creativity and art. So if you want inspiration and ideas, then place things here so you can think outside the box.
- The northwest section represents gold, which is associated with ambition and leadership. So if you want others to follow you, then place things in this section.
- The southwest section represents fire, which is associated with action and adventure. So if you want excitement and change, then place things here to help you move forward.
- The southeast section represents water, which is associated with relationships and communication. So if you want better relationships in your life, then place things here.
- The southwest section represents wood, which is associated with knowledge and wisdom. So if you want to learn new things, then place things here for learning opportunities.
- The northeast section represents metal, whichis associated with health and prosperity. So if you want good health and financial security, then place things here as well.
The Bagua map is an excellent tool to help you determine what kind of energy you need in your life. However, it doesn’t have to be used only for Feng Shui purposes. You can use it to help you organize your thoughts and plan out your day.
Plants and Flowers for Feng Shui
You can also use it to help you find solutions to problems in your life. In fact, you can even use it to help you solve any type of problem you may encounter.
- Troubles with your boss
For example, let’s say you’re having trouble getting along with your boss. You could look at each section of the Bagua Map and see where you need to improve your situation. Then you could go home and meditate on those areas until you come up with some creative ways to fix them.
- Loose weight
Another way to use the Bagua map is to help you decide what you really want in your life. For example, if you want to lose weight, then you should look at the Bagua map and see where you need improvement. Then you should focus on that area until you reach your goal. Flowers and Plant can help you feng shui your home quicker.
- Learning something new
You could include wood elements in the southwest corner of your home if you want to start learning something new. Alternatively, you can add some snake plants that are great representatives of uplifting yang energy, which represents growth and vitality. Wood Qi is upward, and the snake plant really embodies this idea.
- Good fortune
To bring good fortune, place the Jade plant inside your house in the southeast direction. The south-east direction is ruled by the Planet Venus which increases wealth. For good health, harmony, and flourishing business, put the jade plant in the east direction
- Increase fertility
Feng Shui says that creating space for a new baby is symbolic of good luck. It means getting rid of unnecessary things. If your house is cluttered with things you don’t need, now might be a good time to consider giving away, throwing out, or storing some of them. It means having room in your life for a new person, a third member of the family.
The best plant to increase fertility is hollow bamboo. Hollow bamboo is a symbol of fertility, humility, and longevity.
- Attract love
If you’re looking to attract love, you’ll want to place your flowers in the far right corner of your bedroom. Purple flowers in the left corner of your office can attract prosperity. And green plants and fresh flowers in the bathroom are associated with wealth and financial wellness.
In conclusion, you can use flowers and plants throughout your home, office, or other space to bring more positive Chi into your life. With that being said, proceed with caution. Dead or brown flowers and plants can have the opposite effect, so you’ll want to make sure you have the time to care for them properly.